- Last Updated on Friday, 25 May 2012 10:43
Going or moving to a new country is a time of pressure with so much in mind concerning a bureaucracy, dealing with paper work, new cultural climate etc.
This article will help you in case you are planning to make your pet an expat to.
First of all, it’s good idea to contact the Serbian Embassy or Consulate in your country for current information regarding this issue, since this information is subject to change. Organization and preparation is the key for a smooth move of your furry friends. When choosing the optimal relocation agency, make sure they are also specialized in moving pets. It could make your job much easier.
As of 2011, when you are bringing your pet with you to Serbia, the same import regulations are applied as in EU countries. More info about the documents and regulations could be found HERE.
Transporting pets by air concerns pet owners the most so make sure you are well aware about airline policy. Most airlines that will transport pets require a health certificate that is issued within 10 days prior to travel. For more information about what you should know about traveling with pets you can find here.
Regardless of the method of travel:
- be sure your pet is wearing an ID tag (if possible, also an imbedded identification microchip)
- consider not including your pet's name on its ID tag
- carry proof of rabies vaccination and a current health certificate
- finally, keep a printed photograph (a digital copy is also good to have) of your pet with you to assist with identification in case your pet is lost.
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management
Address: Omladinskih brigada 1, Novi Beograd
Tel. +381 11 2602320