- Last Updated on Monday, 18 February 2013 10:09
What you need to do when you are planning a trip to Serbia?
- Check if visa is required for your country (See list below)
- Check the current validity of your passport (all travelers will need a passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date from Serbia, accept for citizens of European Union countries, the Swiss Confederation, Kingdom of Norway and Republic of Iceland. For more information see NOTICE below)
- Make sure your passport has blank Visa pages (you need to have adequate un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure)
- Confirm if transit visa is required for any connections.
NOTICE In accordance with Decision of the Government of the Republic of Serbia the Macedonian citizens can cross the state border of the Republic of Serbia with valid identity card. Starting January 14th 2012
For foreign citizens intending to travel to Serbia:
Visas abolished for holders of all types of passports issued by the Republic of Albania. The Decision entered into force on 1st December 2010. More information http://www.mfa.gov.rs/Visas/albania.htm
Beginning from June 12th 2010, citizens of European Union countries, the Swiss Confederation, Kingdom of Norway and Republic of Iceland may enter the Republic of Serbia using their identity cards and stay up to 90 days.
Nationals provided holding all types of passports: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Holy See (Vatican), Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands,Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Tunisia, United States of America.
Nationals provided holding diplomatic, official passports and ordinary passports with indication "on business": Armenia, Azerbaijan, China, DPR Korea, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Russian Federation, Ukraine.
Nationals provided holding diplomatic and official passports: Ecuador, Guinea, Pakistan, Peru, Turkey.
Nationals provided holding diplomatic passports: Egypt.
Nationals provided holding ordinary passports: Mexico.
To obtain a Serbian visa please contact in person by telephone or by e-mail the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of the Republic of Serbia.
- Valid Passport;
- Letter of invitation (verified by the competent Serbian authority) or an invitation by a company for a business visit or a receipt or authorized tourist company certifying that the travel arrangement has been paid for (letter of credit or other payment receipt);
- Return ticket;
- Proof of sufficient funds in hard currency and
- Certificate that a health fund shall cover the medical costs in Serbia, if any.
Note: Transit visa applicants are required to obtain the visa for the country they will enter after the transit through Serbia.
For up to date information on visa requirements, visit the Consular section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Serbia at website.